Vacuum cleaners are used in households as well as in the industries from the 19th century. Initially, it was named as “Carpet Sweeper”. It used to collect dust and debris by utilizing a rotating brush and manual bellows under it for sucking the dust. After the initial invention, vacuum cleaners went through gradual improvements through the ages. Vacuum cleaners got improved with powered motors by the end of the 19th century.
Internal combustion engines powered one of the first automatic vacuum cleaners. Later the engines became electrical. One of the old best vacuum cleaners were industrially produced for the household was Circa. After this, the technology got modernized with the ages. In recent times, there are several vacuum cleaners in the market. Choosing a vacuum cleaner from the market nowadays has become very difficult due to its wide range of variations.
Top 3 Best Upright Vacuum Cleaners
Types of Vacuum Cleaner
There are numerous kinds in the modern market. Some of the popular types are as fol:
These types of vacuum cleaners are mostly available in the USA, UK, Canada, and other neighboring countries. This type of Vacuum cleaners uses a cleaning head with a handle and bag attached. They use sweeping and vibration techniques with a rotating brush. Upright vacuum cleaners are of two types:
This type of cleaners uses a large fan in the block of suction. Dirt goes through the fan before storing it in the bag. A cooling fan is used to calm the engine. These types of vacuum cleaners are most effective in carpet cleaning.
In this type of upright cleaners, the motor is used after the filter bag. Dirt goes through the bag before touching the fan. A small fan is used in this type. Normal air through the engine cools it. This type is most suitable for floor cleaning. They can be used for carpet cleaning also. The power requirement in this type is more than Direct-Fan.
2. Canister – This type of vacuum cleaner is mostly available in European countries. Motor and Dust collectors are used separately in this type. It comes with wheels. Therefore, they are portable. Besides, it can be used in multiple types of sweeping.
3. Drum – These are heavy-duty vacuum cleaners. They are normally used in industries. They can be mobile or stationary. Small types use electric power. Large ones use compressed air.
4. Pneumatic – This type of vacuum cleaner uses compressed air. Both dry and wet debris can be stored in this type. This is normally used in the industries and warehouses.
5. Backpack – Normally this type is for commercial use. They can mobilize and cover large areas. Users can carry the bag into their shoulders.
6. Portable – These are very light weighted. Both rechargeable and direct power are available in the market.
7. Robotic – From the early 20th century with the revolution of electrics and computers, men are trying to utilize the machine in normal household jobs. Robotic vacuum cleaners got popularity in modern times. By the use of appropriate sensors and transistors, modern vacuum cleaners can detect debris automatically and store it in its bag.
8. Cyclonic – This type of vacuum cleaners works on the principle of cyclonic principle. These are mostly used in big industries.
9. Central – There are vacuum cleaners that can be fitted centrally in the building. The bag or canister is fitted outside the building.
10. Hover – Robotic hovering cleaners are mostly used in modern households. IRobot is another concept of these types of vacuum cleaners. These are fully automatic and functional without human touch.
Our Top Recommendation
Dyson Ball (Formerly DC65) Animal+ | Allergy Complete Upright Vacuum with 8 Tools | HEPA Filtered | Corded (Silver – 8 Tools)
- Dyson Ball (formerly DC65) Animal + Allergy Complete Upright Vacuum with 7 Tools – HEPA Filtered – Corded
- Includes Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum, Carbon fiber soft dusting brush, Combination Tool, Stair Tool, Stiff Bristle Brush, Multi-angle Tool, Flat Out Hard Floor Tool and Tangle-Free Turbine Tool and Accessory Bag.
- Includes Accessories for all Surfaces. Radial Root Cyclone Technology captures dirt and microscopic dust, Self-adjusting cleaner head seals in suction across carpets and hard floors
- Ball Technology for easy steering. Certified Asthma and Allergy Friendly. Traps allergens and bacteria. Whole-machine HEPA filtration. No other vacuum expels cleaner air.
Why Buy Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Before buying a vacuum cleaner one must determine for which reason he needs to buy a vacuum cleaner. Based on the usage, if it is essential to go for wall-to-wall carpet cleaning, it is better to go for upright versions. Reasons for opting upright version are as follows:
1. Cost-Effective – This type of vacuum cleaner is cost-effective also. In the market, one can find different technologies. But upright versions are cheaper than the other types.
2. Usage Effectiveness – Upright versions can be used for deep cleaning. They can be of great help for the households of tropical countries where dust is very common.
3. Storing Facility – This type of cleaners can be stored very easily. They are having stands on their own. Also, they take very less space while storing.
4. Portability – Upright vacuum cleaners are very portable. It consists of only one unit.
5. Versatility – The specialty of Upright cleaners is easy storage and simple usage. It is mostly suited for carpet cleaning. Due to its portable stands, it can be stored anywhere in the house.
Considerations before Buying Upright Vacuum Cleaners
While buying an upright vacuum cleaner one must consider the following points:
1. Type of Head
There can be two types of heads: power and turbo.
- Power Head – It consists of a built-in motor inside and a revolving brush. They are very essential in removing dirt from the carpet. Powerhead stimulates the hairs of the carpet to expose more dust.
- Turbo Head – The Turbo head does not have a motor but it is also having a revolving brush. They are not that effective. However, the power requirement is very less. It is more of a manual brush. It is powered by airflow that seems automatic.
2. Parts and Tools
While buying one must consider checking the extra tools and parts. One of the most important tools is the crevice nozzle, which is basically used to clean the narrow corners of the floor. Another important tool is the upholstery brush. It is necessary for cleaning hanging curtains. Dusting brush is also very important, as it is very easy to use. One must check these parts before buying upright cleaners.
3. Foldaway Baton – This enables the vacuum to adjust as per the height of the user. Therefore, the user can use the cleaner comfortably standing. This type is very essential for tall users.
4. Regulating Power – It is very important to have a regulator. This enables the cleaner to be used in different conditions. Sometimes the suction needs more power sometimes less. By regulator, the user can decide the requirements.
5. Indicator Light – The indicator light enables the user to know the usage parameters while using a cleaner. One must consider knowing the availability of indicator lights in the cleaner.
6. Blower; One must also consider buying a cleaner with a blower. The blower can reversely flow the air to clean the areas where the head of the cleaner cannot cover.
7. Accessories Compartment – There must be a facility to keep the accessories of the cleaner in the cleaner body itself. It ensures the availability of accessories at hand in case of need.
8. HEPA Filter – HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air Filtration) is very essential to catch miniature dirt. It is certified internationally. It enables the cleaner to clean the room with precision. They are very useful for the houses where the patient of asthma or dust allergy live.
9. Baton Packing – This is essential for storing the cleaner intact. One must consider buying this facility for storage easiness.
10. Folding Cord – One must consider buying an upright cleaner with a folding cord. It enables the user to keep the cleaner tidy.
As per the above discussion, we may consider buying the following upright cleaners:
The Bissell Clean View swivel pet gives you the outstanding performance you’d expect from an expert floor care company at a great price. It has specialized pet tools and features, so you know it’s designed for homes with pets.
Powerful vacuum cleaner: The dynamic motor and brushroll can lift stubborn and heavy debris. Plus, the 12. 6” wide nozzle cleans more with a quickness. 5 height adjustment: It works well on carpets, shag rug, hard floors etc. Smooth wheels ensures hardwood floors won’t sustain scratches or gouges. 4. 1L extra-large capacity: the extra-large dust cup holds more dirt and requires less frequent emptying. Clean more, empty less
SpinScrub Brushes deliver the Best clean while gently and safely scrubbing sealed wood, vinyl, tile and grout. keeps clean and dirty Water separate so you never put dirty Water back on the floor.
Vacuum cleaner varies with the requirement of users. One must decide which kind of vacuum cleaner he needs to buy as per his requirement. Upright cleaners can be a good choice for the household. Users must consider the above factors while buying vacuum cleaners. In this case, users may consider buying the above-mentioned upright cleaners considering their needs.